What is online counseling?: An e-counseling or e-therapy is a way to work with a counselor without visiting their offices. Conversely, counseling 'sessions' conducted online by exchanging emails with a counselor or via instant chat. The advantage of this approach is that you can get the job done with your counselor at a time and place that suits you. You can get the best online therapy via many internet sources. This counseling may be a good solution if:
- You are very busy, possibly for long hours, or you travel a lot and find it very difficult to fit in a normal face to face appointments.
- You stay at home for some reason – for example, if you have limited mobility or care for small children or elderly parents.
- If you're worried about seeing a counselor face to face and would prefer extra privacy offered by e-mail or online chat counseling.
Image Source: Google
- If you find it easier to explore the issues and feelings when you write it, rather than talking about them. If one of these applies to you, online counseling could be the solution you are looking for.
- As long as you have reasonable access to a computer and feel comfortable communicating via e-mail or instant chat, then it is a quick and simple way to work with a counselor.
Counseling is a joint effort to share thoughts and feelings with your counselor, you will no longer deal with them alone. your counselor can work with you to find new ways to understand the difficulties you face, and encourage you to explore new ways forward – perhaps with solving the problem, perhaps by challenging or perhaps using another approach which seems to correspond according to your needs.