A lung cancer screening is a test that can help find lung cancer early. Lung cancer screenings can help catch the disease before it becomes serious and can save lives. By searching online “lung tumor scan near me” you can see the option available and consult with them.
Benefits of having a screening for lung cancer
Since lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women and men, it’s important to know what the benefits are of screening for this disease.
- If you have a lung cancer screening and find out you have the disease, you can get treatment right away.
- Lung cancer screenings can help save your life. If you find out you have the disease early, it is usually easier to treat than if it is later when cancer has spread.
- Screening can help reduce the chance that you will die from lung cancer. If you have a screening, your chances of living longer with lung cancer are increased by almost 60%.
- If you have a lung cancer screening and do not have the disease, you may still be able to avoid some of the risks associated with lung cancer, such as developing pneumonia or other respiratory problems.
- As a preventive measure, lung cancer screening is effective in identifying people who are at high risk for developing the disease.
- Screening can also help identify people who have already developed the disease and can be used to monitor their progress and adjust treatment accordingly.